Thursday, September 9, 2010

Vacation Time

We made it "On the Road " and headed out for Old Orchard Beach Maine on Friday September 3 to catch "Hurricane Earl" come in, we couldn't make it to North Carolina and this was our first road trip to see how I would do following the stroke, We started off at 5AM Friday, I drove thru till daylight and started to get dizzy and had a bad headache SO Anna Mae took over the driving, It was hot Friday, almost 90 and the car was Hot and we have found out that the Humidity really bothers my breathing and causes some devastating headaches weird feelings.
.
.
Well we drove and stopped and drove and stopped and we finally made it to Maine at 4PM, 11 hours on the road, I drove off and on as much as I could but "My Honey did the most of it on the way over. We got to Maine an it was about 90 degrees, hot, humid and sunny, we checked into the Sandpiper Motel where we have stayed many times before and it was time for me to lay down for much needed rest and my honey was tired also.
.
.

.
We stopped for a Break and rest as often as we could!
.
.
.



.
The Mountains were beautiful and we could see a lon, long ways!
.
.



.
.
There were many places I wished I had brought the Fish Pole!!!!!



.
.
The rest areas were nice and well maintained and we stopped a lot!
.
.






.
.
We rested above after arriving in Old Orchard Beach Maine and I was beat and almost sick. We did check out where the Hospital was in case I needed it.
.
.







.
.
Above there was almost noone on the Beach before Hurricane Earl came in, it was beautiful but there was no one around.
.
.






.
.
This picture is out of order as this shows how much beach there was after the Hurricane.
.
.






.
.
Coffee on the Beach watching the high rolling surf come in after Earl went by.
.
.







.
Anna Mae on the Beach, as you can see there was noone there but us waiting for the Hurricane!
.
.





.
.
.The Motel has a nice Patio and grilling area and seating overlooking the Beach.
.
.









.
.
This was the Beach after the Hurricane the next morning, I don't know where all these eople came from all at once.
.
.











.
.
COFFEE TIME!!!!!!!
.
.
.
Dinner Time above, Flounder, Shrimp, Scallops, Oysters, Crab and it was fantastic, as a matter of fact we got a free desert as it was out 21st wedding anniversary on September 2nd and our waitress was a sweet heart, I took a lot of my dinner home as I could not eat it all!!
.
.





.
.I was relaxing so much I went to sleep, the tylenol and codene I took for the headache and shaking also helped.
.




.
.
Anna Mae on the Pier down town in Old Orchard Beach, it was hot, humid and breezy and the surf was high from the Hurricane.
.
.
.
.


AND FINALLY!!!!



.
.
LOBSTA, We went for Lobsta and it was great, everyone was running a special with 2 -1 1/4 pound "Lobsters" from anywhere from $15.95 to $19.95 for 2 beauties!!!
.
.







.
.
I had to eat him or he would have pinched me, I also ate his brother, his cousin, his nephew and uncle and brother in law and let me tell you they were good.
.
.






.
.
.If you notice, there is Only Lobster's and Butter on the table!!!! We don't get all that other stuff when we go out for lobster except some sweet tea to wash it down.
.
.
The trip was fun BUT the ride home was rough for me, I had to stop driving several times, couldn't adjust to the movement around those winding hills and curves and we were safer letting Anna Mae drive. The trip home was thru Ft. Ticondoroga coming out of Vermont so my Honey could stop and visit her sister and we could spent the night at the "Green Acers" Motel, we could not make the trip back home in one day like we made it over.
.
.

Don't Forget our Service Men and Women or our past Veterans and Remember 911!

No comments: