Saturday, January 7, 2012

Fine Florida Fishing

Well, a nice day in Okeechobee Florida, spent most of it Fishing in the canal in the back yard, This first picture is of the Catfish I hooked, he was a good scrapper and almost lost him but the line held.




I caught the catfish, a pumkin seed, a redear and 2 shell crackers which was a nice way to relax and get some sun.

.


This is "Pete" the Grey Heron, he shows up everytime I go to the dock to go fishing in hopes I will toss him a fresh fish.



I usually let most of the fish go I catch after I get their picture, this way someone else gets a chance to catch them, however I do keep specs and bass and catfish if I get a mess of them Here in this photp I am putting the fish back into the canal!



.


Another Beautiful day here in Okeechobee Florida looking to the west watching the sunset.



Lets not forget our Veterans  !



5 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Wave to all my ole' friends in Royal Palm Beach for me....enjoy and watchout for gators!!!

jack69 said...

Glad you are wetting a hook. A great lake and surrounding water to fish in.
Glad the weatehr is warming up for you and Anna.
We enjoyed the day ourselves.
Take care and feel the 'relax' take over.
Love ya man!

Helen said...

Glad that you had a good day of fishing. Those great blue herons are pretty good fishers themselves. Helen

Wendy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your post brought back fun memories for me...Fishing with my grandpa and family in Florida off the piers...I caught a sting ray one day and my grandfather told me you caught it you get it off the hook, ekk. Thank goodness a young boy came along and took it off for me. My Grandfather loved to fish and I loved to fish with him. Beautiful sunset photo! Enjoy the rest of your week.

Jimmy's Journal said...

I sure miss fishing at the Lake. It's been a while. That's a nice catfish! Stay warm!

Jimmy