Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Church in the Wildwood


.
.We started back up playing again for awhile, we went to the Hamlet of Omar, New York and played for the Omar Methodist Church, Omar is just a small Hamlet, a church, parsonage, an old cemetary and a few houses and its a tight knit community,  today, (*Sunday) they had an auction, and some Hot Dogs, soda and an Ice Crene Social for a fund raiser and it was very sucessful, they asked us to play. 
.
.
I am playing with the "Friends of God" and I am helping Pastor Dennis on his song about animals, the Ark and some rain.
.
.
Roger is giving it his best at "Luther Perkins" style of pickin and doing pretty good.
.
.
We are doing a Medley of songs here.
.
.
Above I am trying to remember the words to "Mercy".  Thankfully I did.
.
.
Kristey came up and sang some for the Church members and they liked her.  If you look at the table in the far right the white table cloth is empty, their "Auction" was a sucess.
.
.
I am either singing "I saw the Light" or gasping for Oxygen during this song.
.
.
I try not to get into Politics but I am starting to feel like this.
.
NEVER FORGET, REMEMBER OUR VETS !
.


2 comments:

Paula said...

Bet you guys sound good. The historical country church we attend was broken into this week and they stole our almost new cook stove, fridge, and the PA system plus the electric heater out of the ladies room. It's hard not to be bitter but we did pray for the culprits.

jack69 said...

Yeah, you are right about the men who serve and protect. god Bless 'em.

Good to see you guys playing and entertaining. I know the folks love it. keep up the good work. We drove up and out of NY, thru VT and most of NH. Tonight on the Maine border at Gorham.

Love from here.