Thursday, June 27, 2013

Growing season.

I have been following Shipslog as Jack posts pictures of his journey.
.
We finally are seeing some progress in our Gardens, the weather has been wet and rain and then hot and humid, right now it is dark, humid and raining.

.
.
This is the garden at west side just before we planted it.  Growing season up here is from Memorial Day to Labor Day or Canadian Columbus Day so things have to grow fast and furious as the season is so short.
.

.
The garden has lettuce, onions, parsley, chives, tomatos, beans all coming up nicely.
.

.
After weeding the garden I cooked us a couple of fay, juicy pork chops for dinner on one of our grills out in the garden area.
.

.
We are at our daughters, Anna Mae and I are planting our other garden, our daughter roto tilled it up for us with her Pony Troy Built tiller which did an excellent job.
.

.
The tomatos, beans, onions, turnips, peas and corn are growing .
.

.
We talked Brent, our grandson into watering the garden for us.
.

.
All we are waiting for is the Garden to "Grow Dammit" !!
.
.
Karl and I joined Mark at the Skilled Nursing Unit to entertain the residents and all had a great time.
.
Don't forget our Veterans!!!!!



.

3 comments:

Paula said...

Your garden is looking great. Our tomatoes have already done their do but then this is south Texas. I think your New York sunflowers are differnt then ours here. Our's don't get large and tall and they don't make the seeds the birds like.

jack69 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jack69 said...

You guys have the green thumb. I don't know how I missed this, I was just checking back and here you are planting, looking pretty (that is Anna Mae is lol), and still cooking and picking and grinning.
I know the folks love to see the band come in. It is such a blessing and a big break in the monotony of that time in your life. Bless you guys!



Tis hot here near San Antonio, 103 on the guage.
((HUGS)) to you both.

(I was wondering where my magic words went and they went on the other comment!)