Sunday, August 10, 2014

August is a good month, August is usually warm/hot, we have the "Dog Days of August" as Grampa and Dad and the other Old Timers called them, it was because all the cow dogs dug holes and layed where it was cool.
.

.August 7th is my Son, Jonathan's Birthday, the above picture was taken as he was being shipped off to Kuwait for the invasion, he is an excemmalt Marksman and a Computer Geek,  He captured 145 Iraq Soldiers, they were barefoot and sockless and had no water, they were put on outposts, their footware was taken so they could not desert or run away across the burning desert sand.
.

.Thispicture of of My Son today, he works for a computer company in Portland Oregon, plays in several Bands, owns his own house in Aloaha, Oregon.  Travels around playing music.

.
.
.August 9 is my Dads Birthday, he was born in 1908, he died when I was 35 years old, left a big empty hole in my Life.
.

.
.
.
.August was when I transferred from Rocjester to Watertown, this was where I retired from, I had a total of 29 years in Law Enforcement.
.

.

.

.
.
.These are some of the Patches I wore on my Uniforms and Badges that I wore..
.
.
 Don't forget, remember our Vets !!! 
.





 

.
.

1 comment:

jack69 said...

I did not know you had served that many places and jobs. WOW. I guess everyone has to be somewhere, don't they. (smile)
Yep some months have more memories than others. This one definitely has some BIG ones for you.
Had not heard that before about the barefoot defenders...
Fromthe Poconos, Sherry & Jack