Thursday, August 21, 2014

Diamonds and Stones

Have not posted in a while, working on medications and some new Stroke Therapy.
.
Well, we have had a period of good days and then some not so good, I sing this John Denver song to myself as it seems to fit me right now,
 
Some days are diamonds, some days are stones
Sometimes the hard times won't leave me alone
Sometimes a cold wind blows a chill in my bones
Some days are diamonds, some days are stones
 
Now the face that I see in my mirror
More and more is a stranger to me
More and more, I can see there's a danger
In becoming what I never thought I'd be
 
 I do look in the mirror and see someone staring back at me,someone bald, a chisled hard lined face, sunken eyes and I think, how did I get here, then I have to remind myself of so many friends and family who did not make it to this age or get to grow old.
 
.
 
.The above picture was me getting ready to enter the Rochester Police Department.   Look at that head of hair.
 
.
 
.I always kept slim and trim, here I am with my great grandfathers Winchester 25-35, killed my first deer with this in 1962.
.
 
.The above picture was taken was back in the 60's.
 
.
 
The above photo is me laid up for 8 weeks during the summer, I was trying to make an arrest and the man I wanted to arrest felt he should sucker punch me and knock me down then he jumped on my leg with both feet and broke it just above the ankle,  He did go to Jail, for a long, long time!!!!!  BUT in the winter it is just one of many bones I broke over the years that ache!!
 .
 
. In 1974 I was able to obtain a Pilots License, I used to fly with Sgt McGraw around to different villages .
 
.
 
sitting in BaH Habah, Maine eating Lobstah. Love the ocean.
.
 
. Out on the Beach in the Outer Banks in North Carolina finding my Treasures.
 
.
 
June of 1981 I tried to catch this "Sea Trout", before I could get it into the boat something ate the end of it off, I have several Citations from Virginia for Sea Trout over 16 Pounds.
.
DON'T FORGET, REMEMBER OUR VETS!!!!
.


1 comment:

jack69 said...

Liked this one my friend. Enjoyed watching you grow old(er) (smile) However I did not enjoy watching ME grow older.
But you are right, many friends did not make it this long. Good to see the post and all the pictures. And it is always good to be on the grassy side of the dirt.

Amazing how everyone changed but US!
Love from Colonial Beach, VA.