Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Winning is Fun

We got lucky and won a contest at the Physical Therapist Office where I go for Stroke Therapy , me and my Honey had our names drawn for a free overnight Cabin and a day at the "Enchanted Forest" located in Old Forge, New York, a very popular tourist spot.
.
We got to spend the night in Cabin # 21, complete with table, fire pit and picnic table and fire wood.
.

.
The front porch had a swing we enjoyed after we unpacked to spend the night!!
.
 


 .
Inside was electric lights, gas heater, table and a Bible!!
.
 

.
I got us a nice fire going and we got a chance to sit down and relax at night after dinner.
.

.
We took a walk thru the woods near our Cabin.

.
.
Right behind our cabin in the woods was this deer, she was relaxing in the shade laying on the cool moss,  the day was hot and humid.
.

.
We went down town in Old Forge and took in the shops, diners, and stores that are tourist traps.
.


.
The next day we went to "The Enchanted Forest" and "Water Safari", This is Paul Bunyan at the Entrance to Enchanted Forest Water Fun and Theme Park we won tickets to see.
.
 .
The first thing we did was We rode the Sky Tram which circles the Park and is very high!.
.

.
There is lots and lots of Water Rides and Slides and tubes and places to lay in the sun!
.


.
There were all types of people, you name it, we saw it at the Theme Park, I saw more Tatoos in this park then I did in my 8 years in the Navy.  Some of these tatoos were beautiful and some were very ugly, some were done by experts and some were from my past experience were done in "Prison" !!
.

.Mrs. Wood sitting on Wood !!!!!!!!!
.


.
The Queen of Hearts and the Mad Hatter and my Honey!!
.


.
I am by Alice In Wonderland and the White Rabbit!!!.
.

.
I took a Break with these 2 old timers!!
.

.
We came back around by the Water Park!!!!
.

.
My Cinderella in her pumpkin Coach!!
.
 

.
Cinderella's coach!
.
 

.
Don't Forget our Veteran's !!!!!


.

2 comments:

jack69 said...

Good to see you guys out and about. Lucky you. Good on you. Loved AnnaMae's seat and naturally there you are with the OLD DUDES!

Of course I ain't saying much, but the place looked like it could be romantic with the outside fire 'n all. And all the colors too. but I am not saying a thing.
Love from the shores of the Potomac.

salemslot9 said...

cabin w/bible & deer
I love it!
tattoos = too funny