Sunday, November 27, 2016

Christmas Tree up

Well, carpets cleaned, windows washed, Thanksgiving over and First Sunday in Advent.  Up goes the Christmas Tree and lights and the Manger and lights in the front window, Anna Mae was busy after church.
 .
.
I played at the Nursing home with Mark and Karl and Jacob and entertained the residents for Thanksgiving and we had a good time with the Music and visiting with the residents !
.
.
While Anna decorated I took on the unpleasant job or putting new strings on the Dobro Guitar I just picked up and gonna try to master, it does not play anything like a guitar and I stabbed myself with the end of a string and finally after an hour got all 6 strings on it.
.
.
I tried to pick out a tune but My Honey said I had better get a few lessons before I headed for the Grand Old Opry !!
.

.
I decorated our Front Door and got an "Atta Boy" for doing a good job !
.

.
Well gotta go to UTUBE and find a site that gives Dobro Lessons.
.
Don't Forget, Remember our Vets !!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

1 comment:

jack69 said...

Good luck with the lessons. Thanks for putting the name in writing, I thought everyone was saying Dough board.

Nice decorations, I think I will take out Ceramic tree out of tfrom under the bed.

Stay warm. Love from Florida