Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Checkup in Syracuse

Well, it's November and we made out annual trek to Syracuse for my yearly check up by Dr. Zyman who preformed a plugged Carotid Artery by-pass 13 years ago,  I have to go back every year and have both sides checked to ensure I do not have another Stroke, I had 2 TIA"S before my stroke.
.
.
The stitches on the outside were metal and also there were metal on the inside which I can still feel.  They put in another Carotid Artery made out of Kevlar and left it in after surgery and this increased blood to the brain.  The picture above was 7 days after my birthday and back when I had hair.
.
We go a day early to Syracuse usually on a sunday as my appointment is always a year apart and I keep them on a Monday.  We make it a little R & R as it is a better way to spent the day.
.
.
The weather has so far been great, upper 50's and we went to Onondaga Lake to look at the start of the Christmas decorations coming up called  "Lights on the Lake" .
.
.
I would rather see Merry Christmas but Happy Holidays I guess makes it fair to all Religions .
.
.
It was a beautiful day to relax around the Lake !   We know that soon this lake will be frozen and there will be lots of snow coming.
.
.
.
We left the Park and drove thru a Big Old Cemetery  and walked around and relaxed.  I love the Older Statues and Civil war parts of them.
.

.
.
Anna Mae with one of the Older Burials and Statues.
.
.
Suprised as to the quality of this old hand carved stone work !
.
.
.
This is the Civil War Area, I wonder these looking at the different Units and Companies involved and the ages of when they passed. We left and went back to the Motel for a swim in the heated salt water pool and relaxed for my checkup.
.
Well, I passed my Checkup but consider myself "Blessed"   instead of Lucky because I have a great Health Team.
.
Don't forget, Remember our Vets !
.
.

1 comment:

jack69 said...

Oh man, you scared the 'hair off my head' with that picture. Then I looked closer and saw 'hair'. HA. G;lad the check up was good. Pictures are very good. You and Mrs AnnaMae are looking good. The tree and statues were great props for the photos.

The 'Uncivil' war still makes me hurt. To think that WE killed more of our own people than most all the other wars combined in that 'terrible' part of our history. There is/was NO JUSTIFICATION for that war. I still hurt when I think of it.

Anyway, glad things are looking good, and you are ready for frozen lakes and the white stuff.
Love from Deltona.