Thursday, May 31, 2018

.Well, We packed up and got away for a few days,
 we went CAMPING !!!!
.
.
Anna Mae standing in front of our New Sign
 a friend of ours made us for camping
.
.
I am sweeping up area, we sprayed with 
"Yard Guard", I got bit by a Tic 2 weeks ago and
 was lucky we found it right away, I took antibiotics
 for the bite and have blood tests to make sure 
I do not get Lyme Disease!
.
.
Breakfast was BACON, eggs and fresh baked bread
 over the fire made into toast and was delicious!
.
.
Anna Mae is guarding the BACON !
.
.
I brought the Dobro and Mandolin with us,
 I got it out and tuned it up and pretty soon
 we had people wandering over to listen to 
me play and sing.  
.
.
Evening, relaxing by the Fire and enjoying 
each others company !
.
.
Campsite all cleaned up after a great nights sleep, 
off on a walk and exploring the woods !
.

.
We walked the Trails at Whetstone Gulf State Park !!!!
.
We had a Great Time relaxing, talking, walking, 
singing and enjoying Mother Nature 
and her wonders !
.
.
I cooked supper, we had Sweet Corn cooked 
in the husk wrapped in Aluminum Foil with Garlic
 and Butter,  also 2 nice fresh ground Serloin Burgers.
.
.
Anna Mae cooked some Sweet Vadalia Onions
 in butterfor the burgers, supper was delicious !
.
.
We enjoyed the Evening Fires, calm and quiet !
.
Memorial Day has come and gone and with it
 many family and Friends who hve passed on, 
I was reading "The SHIPSLOG" and can relate to 
Jack talking about the loss of loved ones, near and far.
.
.
I am doing a Funeral for my Cousin Wayne Whitford 
from North Carolina who passed away, I did his Eulogy 
and several Hymns, His Family is all gone and I am his 1st cousin. He had the American Legion for Honors 
and Flag Presentation, our closest Military Base 
if Fort Drum, they had no one available to send to do Honors.
.
.
The above is another Funeral I did for a Vietnam Veteran
 who was Homeless and needed services so I did his Funeral and assisted with Military Honors with a Legion Post
 near where he was buried, this Cemetary was way out in the middle of nowhere in the woods.
.
Well, Time to call it a night,  Don't forget, Remember the Vets !
.



1 comment:

jack69 said...

Don't know how I missed this. Well yes I do. Been busy for an old man. YOu and Anna Mae are looking great. Of course the camp site (and sign is super!).

YOu guys make me 'miss' real camping. Since we live in the motor home we don't really call it camping, cause we Know Camping! And Y'all is IT!
Looks great, and thanks again for your service and the honor of our comrades who paid it all.