Friday, January 4, 2019

A NEW BLANK PAGE

Well, it is 2019,  a New Year,  SO, New Years Eve resolutions??????    I made two, (2) !!!  I have vowed to "Be A Better Christian" !!!
.
.
We live in a 50 unit Senior Citizen, HUD owned Housing Development, there are 3 sets of buildings, 
This was built in 1984, it has aging problems and to live  here you have to be 62 years old or Disabled. We were forced here due to my Heart issues and my Stroke,  Living in a building with 64 people does pose Problems.  I am trying to be more friendly, less of a complainer, and smile more .
.
We have people here who are terrible "Back Stabbers", Nice to your face and stab you in the back,  people who are "Jealous" of us, maybe because we are so active and they are not.  We attend Church weekly, I entertain not only at Nursing Homes, Hospitals but also last night we played here again.
.
My second "Resolution" is to Play and Sing more, as I have gotten older I now have a problem being able to sing very long.
.

.
.
This is my friend and Retired Music Teacher,  we are "Howard and Andy", we played together at a Christian Community Center Church several Times.
.
.
Above is Karl and Mark and I, This group is "Musical Ministry Messengers" and we play weekly !
.
.
This group is "The Friends of God" !  We play weekly also !
.
.
This is in Okeechobee, Florida, I am playing with "Freddy Veitch" who does back up Steele Guitar for  Nashville recording Artists and has played on the Grand Old Opera !
.
.
This is Patti Lamieux, I play duo's with her at Schools and Nursing Homes, she has a Beautiful Voice, plays much better than I do on Guitar and I love singing with her !
.
.
The above group is the "Old Church Group", everyone in this group goes to a different Church, we do mostly private Nursing Homes !
.
.
This was a few years ago,  I was standing around singing along with these group of men while we were in Nashville and one of them asked me if I could play a Guitar, I said yes, He handed me his guitar, said he was going to go to the Bathroom and walked away and I finished out the song and then did several more !  
.
.
My most precious time is when I get the few times to Play along with my Son, Jonathan, he is a skilled Guitar Player, has a Band in Oregon, has a recording Studio, and works in Computer Software.  Love seeing him, he was home 2 years ago !
Happy Healthy New Year and don't forget our Veterans !
.

1 comment:

jack69 said...

I love your relationship with your son. Music makes it even better I am sure. Neat story about Nashville dudes. LOL I like it.
Love from down here, We were in Okee a couple days ago.
Sherry & jack