Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Treasure

I am the Family Record Keeper, I have all the Photos and History of the Wood, Jones, Whitford Family going back years, also photos,  well I got a nice treat and now have a picture of my Great, Great Grandfather.
.

.
The above is The Tannery in 1891 in Edwards,  The men from left to right are Charles Clark, Pascoe Whitford*(MY GG Grandfather), Elgin Maine, (Cousin), William Brigham who was also an Artist,  William and Noel Royse and George Nettles! 
.
.
Above is my Grandfather Silas Wood,  My Grandfather Bower Whitford and my Great Uncle Milo Wood.   My Father John Wood was not Born yet and my Mother Ehtel Whitford was also not born yet but these two would become Father in laws later in life!.
.
.
Another picture, 2nd from left is my Grampa Silas Wood, his brother Milo Wood, My Grandfather Whitford and David Jones at the Tannery!
.
.
This was the Tannery they worked in Tanning Hides for Leather !
.
.
Grampa and Uncle Milo !
.
.
This picture has my Grandfather in back row on right side, My Uncle Milo, My cousin David Jones, several of the Hall Men,  these men cut pulp wood for the Paper Mill.
.
.
This is in 1901, Milo and William Woodcock and Edwin Durham bringing out logs in South Edwards!  Notice the size of the logs,  Milo Woodcock was a Rich man, he traveled all over cutting off Timber and selling it to sawmills !
.
It is nice when you receive such treasures as these old photographs.    Sadly not many future generations are interested in having them passed down.
.
Don't forget, Remember our Vets !
.

1 comment:

jack69 said...

Shucks, I love these pictures. I love the old family pictures, something about them makes me feel good inside. When you see photos like these you know these men WORKED! Imma tell you them horses worked to move those logs! WOW
Yeah I can imagine the thrill. I get a surprise ever once in awhile and thrills me to pieces. I got one last year of my dad whittling.
True, not many will be interested, but I think one day ONE will want to hold the treasures.
Good one my friend, loved it.
Sherry & jack, beautiful day we had in Flroida