Thursday, April 11, 2019

Sister

I have 2 sisters, Beverly and Janice,  Beverly lives in Arizona and Janice used to live in Philadelphia, NY,   Janice lost her Husband some years ago, then suddenly she lost her second oldest child, My Nephew Rod Brown to a Heart Attack at an early age.
.
My Sister Janice was living in Senior Citizen Housing, she started a downward spiral and found to have Dementia !!!!
.
My Niece, Her Daughter Gina took her home with her, it was very hard on both my sister Janice and her Daughter, My Niece Gina.  So the Oldest son KR could not take his Mother to live with him,  her son Rory who lives in Jupiter Florida could not take her with him, SO Gina took her mother home with her. 
.
.
My 2 sisters, Bev and Janice a few years ago !
.
.
Went to Hospital and the Nursing Home and visited for a while with my sister Janice,  , "How she gets confuses, I don't think she really knows who I am nor does she know Anna Mae !  When I talk to her I always state "How is my Sister Janice?" or I say; : you know your Brother Gary Loves You"!
.

.
.
This was at Summit Village before Janice had to be Moved to a more secure residence.
.
Janice is 85, I feel so bad for her BUT this s a horrible disease and we visit as often as possible. There are a couple family members mad that Janice is in a Nursing home but not mad enough to take her home with them because she needs 24/7 care.
.
Oh Well,  God has it all in is control. We will just play it out the way God decides !
.
Right now I have to find out what is going on as I just lost one of my 1st cousins. My Cousin Fran Damon passed away, she was 89 years old !
.
ENJOY TODAY !!!!!!!!!
.
Don't forget our Veterans !!!!

.


.

.

1 comment:

jack69 said...

I know there are worse things, but Alzheimer and dementia of any kind is cruel. It can tear a family apart, and the patient would have conniption fits if they could know.
"I" decided "WE" would take my mama home and care for her. My wife carried the brunt of the load. My brother who had taken care of both his MIL & FIL until they passed. When I made that announcement my brother motioned me outside, "JAckie you have NO IDEA what you just accepted. I cannot help, but I will come see mama. If I ask you how you are doing and you say 'Go to Hell', I will be back nest week, son it can get that bad."
HE WAS RIGHT.... Our sons have been told, 'Put us somewhere if it comes to that, and come see us when you can, but we DO NOT want to be in your home, you have a life to live.
Love you guys, and prayers and good thought your way!
Sherry & jack