Friday, July 19, 2019

Slow and Steady !

I am slowly being allowed outside, My Honey has kept a tight rope on me after getting home from the Hospital,  Mainly sitting in the AC and relaxing !!!!  I do quietly slide on out to the Garage now and then !
.


I did go out side this evening and water the lawn, flowwrs and plants, we are slowly getting the inside re set after moving and working around boxes, bags, sacks of thins !
.
.
Outside watering shrubs and flowers.
.
.
They were dry and needed some water !!! We are on a water meter but they bill every quarter so I use all I want !    and it taste like well water !
.
.
I managed to have a garden, The man who used to live here, Norm Lovejoy and his wife Margaret had a huge garden,  Norm loved tomatoes and as the garden went he changed to 5 gallon pails,  These were in the garden shed, half full of soil and ready for tomato plants !
.
.
This a shot of the Beefsteak Tomatoes, the white powder is *(Sevin), an insect powder I have used for years and my Father used it also in the Garden !
.
.
My Honey with St. Francis and her Flower Garden which is doing really well, needs lots of water and love !!!
.
.
My Jade Plants are loving this hot, humid weather and are doing well on the back deck in full sun all day !  Hope they continue to do well, they need to be repotted soon !
.
.
These are my off shoots of my Dad's English Tea Roses, we have spread these all over where we have lived, I have them started pretty good so will see what they do !
.
.
To the left in the picture taken at Gates Cemetary by Dad  and Moms stone is the Original Rose Bush my Dad bought in 1930 which we transplanted from the house.
.
.
These are the Tea Roses that will hopefully come next summer on the Roses !
.
.
Sure wish Jack and Sherry from Shipslog, were here  so Jack could build me some shelves and Sherry and Anna Mae could visit on the deck !  http://shipslog-jack.blogspot.com/
.
.
Our Back yard showing the Garden shed and the garage and house !
.
.
My lawn being mowed by my neighbor, he has mowed it for us since we have moved in and he weed eats and blows the clippings !    Nice Guy !!!  I do not mow as I can't yet !
.
.
Enough Pictures she said !!
.
Oh well,  Don't forget, Remember our Vets !

2 comments:

jack69 said...

Yeah Woody I wish I was up there too! Glad you are able to get out some but don't push it. Love the pictures and I CAN NEVER get over people like y'all that have plants you KNOW were around in 1930. That is amazing to me that someone can keep up with that. Looking good around home though, you and your sweetie are getting 'er done. Looking good.
Love from Pa for a couple more days then back to cutting our grass again.
Sherry & jack

salemslot9 said...

Garden shed = posh!