Thursday, August 22, 2019

Some sad Memories

I sit here staring at the 4 walls, My Honey is on a 4 day Spiritual Retreat, She has gone with 28 other women to a Via de Cristo # 22 - 4 day weekend in New Hartford at the Methodist Chruch !  Via de Cristo is a Spanish phrase meaning “Way of Christ.” Via de Cristo is a highly structured three-day weekend designed to strengthen and renew the faith of Christian people and bring them to a new awareness of living in God's grace.
.
I have attended several of these !
.
I have been sitting and thinking about Friends that I miss who have gone on ahead !   I miss a couple of them who were very close !
.
.
This is Mike Hart, This was a get togeather in Georgia in 1985, it had been 10 years or more since we had seen each other !  It was just like we had never been separated, we went thru school together from the 5th grade !
.
.
This was in the Hospital after I had major surgery and Heart Stents and a neck stroke after some blockages, again, it was like we had just seen each other the day before !  Mike died and left a large hole that still feels empty !
.
.
1 of my other closest High School friends was this little lady, Marlene Rowe Smith Sinclair , Marlene came from a tough growing up, this picture was our 50th High School Reunion, Marlene and I shared friendship like a brother and sister all thru and after school ! She lives in Florida and we visit an call !
.
.
Our Graduating class, we have lost 3 class mates !!
.

.
The classmates able to attend our 50th reunion !  Our whole class males are Vietnam Era Veterans !
.
.
This was my Partner Mark Fuhrken on the Police Department, we walked Foot Patrols together, rode in Patrol Cars together,  had some close calls and fights, chases, and scrapes that we survived !
.
.
Mark and I with the Sgt. after making a major weapons and Drug Bust which made our local paper, the weapon I am holding was loaded and beside the door when we kicked in the door and went inside !  We found pounds of Pot, weapons, and lots of cash !!!
.
I still have a couple close friends but don't think they will ever replace the past ones !!!
.
Don't forget to remember our Veterans !

1 comment:

jack69 said...

We never have enough time to THINK. It is good to thik of those good guys and gals who made our life what it is. It is good to just sit and think of the great friendships over the years. I know you have had many. hanks for the insights and pictures. Yeah, I bet those times were good. I know your HONEY will be blessed and 'tis good to have THAT special time also.
Love
Sherry & jack