Friday, November 22, 2019

Memories, Watch Island

Today marks the 56 anniversary of the assassination of John F Kennedy.  I and almost anyone else alive remember where and what they were doing on that fateful day ! 
.
.
About 12 years ago My wife and I flew out to Texas to visit a sick friend in the Hospital, he was dying from Pancreatic Cancer, he was in the last stages and we were rushing out to see him.  We flew out to Dallas, was picked up at the Airport by a Limo and we went like a Bat out of Hades rushing to the Hospital, we got to the Hospital, ran inside, took elevator to his floor BUT he passed away just a couple of minutes before my wife and I went thru his door and met his wife!!!  How sad but I guess that was the way it was supposed to be !  I went into the room and gave him the Blessings of the Departed of Saint Michael the Patron Saint of Police Officers !
.
.
My Partner in Crime, Mark Fuhrken, (Fur can) who I worked with for years in the same Car, walked Beats with and we spent just about all our off duty time together, He went to school with my Honey !
.
.
Mark on the left, me in the middle and Sgt Pastor on right with Pot, Pistols, cash and long guns confiscated in a raid on a house we completed while we were supposed to be talking to a neighbor, we smell Pot, knocked on the door and voice said come in so we did,  we pulled weapons after we realized there were 6 people in apartment all scrambling to their feet and we were the only way out ! We radioed in for Back Up ASAP,  Some force was used to subdue a fella who was holding the shotgun I am holding !  All in all we arrested 7,we found a guy hiding under a bed.
.
The "Blizzard Of 1977", Mark and I in his Old Dodge Power Wagon pushing and Plowing out the entrance to my driveway,  look behind the Truck and you will see John Goslin my Neighbor shoveling 4 feet of snow off his roof !!!
.
.
Mark and I at my house in Carthage, Mark flew in from Texas for Christmas Visit and we spent time enjoying ourselves !
.
.
My Honey, Marie and Mark and me, we are on an "Watch Island" in the St. Lawrence, 1,000 Islands,  Marie is a retired CBS VP of Marketing from a Dallas Texas Television Station!  Big Island but great place to stay, we are having our Morning Coffee in the Staff Kitchen, The main Dining room is huge ! !
.
.
The above is "Watch Island", Mark and Marie stayed here for 2 weeks, You can only access the Island by a boat !  fishing, cooking, relaxing ! Fishing, Eating, Fishingm cooking !  Did I mention we fished a lot here and had a lot of family visit  !   Nice Place !!! A little expensive but this was a last Hoorah for Mark as his cancer was progressing so fast his time on earth was limited. Sure miss him !
.
Nice weather, 48 this morning and raining, Snow is almost gone except for the Snow Banks !
Don't forget, remember our Vets !

1 comment:

jack69 said...

Ahhh what a joy to have spent that much time with the best of friends. I never had that occasion but I can just imagine. Must have been great.
We enjoyed the pictures. Well snow is pretty, but that much snow down here would STOP OUR WORLD! LOL
Sending love and good thoughts your way. I enjoy a good story, but not always a real life ending.
Sherry & jack