Wednesday, October 22, 2008

WEDNESDAY

Sure has turned COLD!!!! Its too early for winter, hope it warms back up SOON!!!!

We joined a group called "ALPHA", we meet at church every wednesday night for the next 10 weeks to Learn about each other, our church, and Jesus! We got there at 6PM and had a nice Pot Luck Dinner,

I opened the program with 3 songs and didn't do too bad singing all by myself, we watched a movie, then sat around for an hour discussing the movie and our thoughts and ideas about God, Jesus, the Church and people and home by 9PM.

The weather is changing fast, the leaves have peaked in color, "Leaf Peepers" have gone, most people have their winter 40 cords of wood cut, split and stacked and already burning it. Our Temp in the morning was 28 and it warmed up to 44!!!!!
We are in "Deer Hunting Season" and it should be a good year, there is plenty of them and lots of "Wild Turkeys".


Dont forget VETERAN'S DAY is approaching, A Veteran is someone who, at one point in their life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America " for an amount of "'up to and including my life." That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.














3 comments:

jack69 said...

Hi Woody in behalf of the vets who read but do not comment. Thanks for all your tributes. That goes for your time in also mate. I liked the analagy of the check, so true, especially for the ones who gave all. I wish the ones who have never wanted to and have never been, could be in the mind and stand in formation with the dedicated Soldier just once. To feel the pride when you see the Flag, and to know you said, "I am an American Fighting man.....I am prepared to give my life in her defense!"
Bless you MAte!

betty said...

sounds like a great series at church; hope you and Honey enjoy it

I can tell in your picture you are losing weight; keep up the good work!

betty

Jimmy's Journal said...

Don't know if I mentioned it, but I play guitar as well.

Jimmy