Friday, August 9, 2019

Boards, not Broads

Well, a nice surprise today, up early, off to the garage, while carefully rummaging around over head I saw a board,  a wide board, well, as I am making shelves in the garage because I hate cupboards where you can not see anything I like my mess out where I can see it !
.
.
Now most guys would think I am crazy getting excited about a Board and not a "Broad" !  LoL !
This was up overhead in the garage, almost not able to see it It looks shiny because it is wet from spraying !!!!
.
.
The mess that was,  Most of this has now been sorted, put into place, probable get moved again and maybe again before it finds a home !
.
.
This I found after spraying it lightly with water is a "Cedar", it has a nice cedar smell to it and has some saw marks in it and lots of knots so it must of been a big Cedar Tree  it is 12 inch's wide, 8 foot long board, very few of these around today !  It looks shiny because it is still wet, I covered it with wet paper towels and put a fan on it to blow it dry so it did not warp. this is going to be one nice long shelf !
Tomorrow I found out is Saturday, I thought it was thursday !    Oh well,  Early Bed tonight, my nap was interupted by a teriffic thunder and lightnng storm ! Things are going good here, I have found my "Lazy Akers: sign my Oldest Brother John made me years ago and am touching it up to hang back up and Offically this place will become "LAZY AKERS" !!!!
.
Don't forger, Remember our Veterans !!!

1 comment:

jack69 said...

I can share the excitement, a 1x12x8 Cedar! WOW I like it. LOL I am doing the same (arranging my play house). Mine is a basement and I too prefer shelves.
Take care, hug the pretty lady for us.
Sherry & jack