Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Staying Busy




I have been trying to stay busy after getting over this cold/flu/bug/disease/ thing ah mah gingy I have had that blocked my sinus, plugged my lungs and made me cough up toenails, and am doing pretty good at getting rested up.
I have an appointment with my Cardio Surgeon, My Heart Doctor and my Urologist all in a row so should be checked out pretty good from head to toe.


I was rested up enough to go out and play with the "Friends of God" and we did Angels Inn Nursing Home and also went to the Jefferson County Home for the Aged on Sunday and played and sang our little hearts out and we enjoyed ourselves and the residents also enjoyed them selves joining in on the singing and toe tapping and clapping.


It always makes me feel good when we play for these "Young-Uns" in these places, it is also sad to see some of these people who were once healthy, happy give-em-hell types who are now tied into wheelchairs, unable to walk, some who just sit and stare with no emotion, others who sit with colors and a coloring book and the others who will join in and sing and clap and laugh, it is funny how life treats us in the end and how we all end up different than others, BUT, that is just life, nobody said it was going to be fair!!








Karl who is the other Member of the group that is so kind to let me play is off, he had to have Carpal Tunnel Surgery on his left hand and can't play for a while, but this is Dennis and Roger I played with.








.

From the Angels Inn above we moved on to the Jefferson County Home for the aged.








.

I had to take a break, I was running out of Oxygen and tired so Walt Joined in and took over on my new Guitar for me for awhile. He thought if he didn't bring his guitar he could sit back and relax but I am glad he was there.






.




I did manage to tune up the new Banjo and try a little picking and grinning, the t-shirt is from the group Fred and the Eds who are a very good band from watertown. I worked with Fred as a fellow Policeman who also is a very good guitar player.














.

At the end we always close with "Amazing Grace" and I managed to get enough oxygen back to finish out singing with the gang to close out the day.



Let us not forget our service men and women both from the past and the present!




No comments: