Saturday, August 21, 2010

On the Road




We took our trip to Syracuse to the Stroke Center to do my first follow up visit after my stroke. I was not impressed with the Doctor, he was more concerned with my cholesterol than my questions of why I had a headache every day, why my left side always felt like it was asleep, why my left eye hurt, why I was having trouble with swollowing, WELL, after listening to him I do not think I will be traveling back down there to see him again, I will be going to a different Neuroligist, and I am going to start getting out and doing things I want to do!!
.
Monday I go back to Syracuse to see the Surgeon to see if I can have surgery for my Diverticulitus.
.
.
Well, we made it back out on the road again, we took our weekly "Fishing Trip". We drove up into Lewis County, took an old back dirt road and drove up to the head waters of Whetstone Gulf, nice ride, road a little rough as it is dirt and crushed stone.

We arrived in the morning and fished above the dam, the dam holds back water to an elevation of about 25 feet, and covers a large area of the Tug Hill Plateau, We enjoyed the morning sunshine and saw lots of wildlife.

I did fairly well walking about and even managed to move around without my cane for a while.

.
.


.


Below is the backed up flow behind the dam and it was a picture perfect day.


.


.


.

.
.
We enjoyed the morning sunshine and each others company, too bad the fish did not like us this morning as they were hiding!!
.
.



.
Honey had to put on another night crawler after getting a bite.
.
.




.
.
I am just sitting, fishing is a Jerk on one end of a string waiting for a Jerk on the other end of the string to jerk, nothing wanted to take the bait on my hook today!
.
.




I hope Jack does not forget Toto when he leaves Kansas!!!!!!!.
.
Well, with the "Draw Down" of troops in Iraq it is important we keep the 50,000 men and women left there in our prayers until they also can get out of there.


No comments: