Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Wooden Things !

Well, been busy settling, yesterday was a good day, I worked in  the Garage on some items, a Sailor I made about over 12 + years or more ago, had fun making and giving these away !
.
.
On the left is one wooden Swabby one I made,
.
.
I think the one on the right looks like * Jack from Shipslog !
.
 I am fixing the arm on the one my Brother Made me from landscape timber years ago !
.
.
12 or more years ago when we lived in Deferiet I spent most of my spare time in the garage at 31 Wilna Ave, next door to where we live now at 33 making these !
.
.
Some of the ones I made !
.
.
I made  set of all Branches of the service and these are on display now and have been for the past 14 years over on Fort Drum in Adjutants Office !
.

.
These I made when we lived in Carthage on South Washington Street  !
.
.
This was the garden area at 31 Wilna Avenue over 12 years ago when we lived in Deferiet ! The picture below is what it looks like now !  We now live next door on the left !
.
.
There was a garden here 12 years ago !  Now just a lawn !  On the right side is our garage !
.
.
This was what we saw this morning while having coffee, we watched her wander around the back yard for a few minutes than she wandered off !  Awesome !  This is my Garden Shed and my Tomato Plants, I picked Cherry Tomato's tonight.
.
Well, it's late, 9:30PM, it was a rough day, spent a lot of time laying down, didn't feel good, probably overdid again !  Gotta  learn to slow down !
.
.
1 reason I didn't feel good today was working on the KIA and laying on hot black asphalt in the sun and also washing and scrubbing down the siding on the house for a couple hours but it got the mildew off and looks nice and white !
.
Well, Don't forget, Remember our Vets !!!!!
.




.

2 comments:

jack69 said...

Love the wood work. It is amazing the circle you guys have made and right back next door. Take your on dadgummed advice and TAKE IT EASY. some days you just gotta 'rope-yarn'.
Take care my friend and listen to the pretty lady and do right!
Sherry & jack down in North Carolina.

Woody said...

NOW, there's a Quote from the Past, 'rope yarn', I remember Rope Yarn Sunday from some of the older seasoned Swabs ! Take it easy is a hard thing to do with so much I want to get done here that feel I missed the past 12+ years !,, OH Well, can't cry over spilt milk, like dad said. Take care, Love from the North, Gary an Anna Mae !