Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Changes

Well today was a rough day,  I had a friend come down with his trailer and we spent 6 hours clearing out the garage, garden shed and basement  of things I NO LONGER USE OR NEED !!   It was rough giving up some thnigs but was for the best,  Saws, drills, hand tools, some old hardwood lumber, Oak, Mahogany, Birch, it was difficult but off it went into his trailer.
.
.
My "Old Blue" cabinet went along with most everything in this picture !
.
.
Pretty much every thing in here came out of our storage unit we have rented for 12 years and it is mostly all gone !!!!
.
.
I will put on some after pics but most of everything here I had is gone also !  
.
I should have just left all these things in the storage Unit and saved me some back breaking work of  moving them but we no longer pay a monthly fee for the storage unit, The things are gone and my friend is happy he got a nice haul of treasures !
.
.
We live just across the river from Fort Drum, New York, we see these "Birds" flying around all day, we and most people in Deferiet have no problem with these, the big C-131's and all the new "Drones" we see all day out flying around !
.
.
As we get settled Anna Mae is out taking care of her flowers, shrubs and plants !!
.
.
I am now able to "Do My Thing" in my Garage and not worry about making too much noise an disturbing the neighbor !!  We are still Playing and doing our Nursing Home Ministry with Music, Song and Prayer !
.
We are almost settled, we had some visitors today,  My Nephew and His wife from Georgia are up here, they came up in their Class Motor Home and are staying for a couple weeks, they are selling their home in Georgia and moving to Florida, He served 30 years in the good ole US NAVY !!
.

.
I am Gary Brent Wood, This Is Brent John Wood my Nephew and Namesake ! 
.
Well, it is 9:30PM and almost bed time,    
.
Don't forget, Remember our Vets !!!

4 comments:

jack69 said...

Oh yes, I have no doubt your friend got a load of good stuff. Something I will have to do and I dread it like the plague. I am proud of you for biting the bullet. I keep putting it off.
Ahhh a Master chief. Good on him. He worked for it. I know you are VERY proud of the dude.
My son says, "Dad you are not wearing Gold!" referring to my Chief's insignia and hash marks. I said "Son, gold is for good conduct."
His smart aleck answer was, "I KNOW!"

sO GOES THE WORLD TODAY! lol
Anna Mae is looking happy, That is good!

jack69 said...

PS: I had better 'splain that. I stayed red, rather than buy the gold. I was eligible toward the end. ;-)

jack69 said...

For many reasons I did have 8 years as e3 and below. LOL

Susan Kane said...

I'm over from Jack69 and enjoyed your post I'll be back.

Culling the stuff we had built up over 35 yrs was hard. In new house, still need to cull.