Wednesday, June 2, 2010

HOSPITAL VACATION








Well, things were going so good with our weekly fishing trips, picnic and touring of the North Country I thought that I should mess it all up and take a "Vacation", I went into the emergency room at 10AM Monday, I had acute Diverticulitis. I spent Memorial Day Weekend in Hospital
.
I was admitted to the hospital, it should have been a simple stay but we found out that I am now allergic to the Pain Killer "Demerol", after my shot for pain, I had chest pain, could not breathe, swallow or talk and this caused a lot of excitement in the ER as they all hustled to get me back on track, after being admitted I spent my time eating jello, cottage cheese, pudding and Baby Food in very small portions, I went in weighing about 257 pounds and when released I was down to 236 pounds and this was not a good way to loose weight.
.
.




.

Me and my "BIG MEAL" of milk, jello, pudding, apple juice, ice creme.

.



.

I was pretty sick for a few days, the above picture is me and Mike Hart, Mike drove up from Appling, Georgia to visit and make sure if I died he would have had the chance to say good bye!!! The other reason he came up was to see how weak and fragile I was so he could beat me up! Mike and I grew up and went to High School together and have kept in contact for years, Mike is an Air Force Veteran who served proudly and someone I call an old friend!
.
.



.

It was not a "Great Vacation" even if I got ICE CREME every morning, noon and night time with my lunch. Oh well, I came home after 10 days in the hospital and am doing OK but still on a very restricted diet until after they can find a surgeon who will do a Bowel Resection on my large intestine to stop this from happening again. I am a "High Risk" patient due to heart and circulation problems so it should be interesting to see where I end up for surgery.
.
I missed Memorial Day Parade, speeches and going to the Grave Sites and Monuments this year which was sad as I always make these events.

Hope everyone is doing OK!




Don't Forget our "Veterans"!!!!





No comments: