Friday, July 30, 2010

I'm Still Kicking




Well, I am still kicking but not really, I have had a headache since JUNE 16 the day of my stroke, My left side is asleep and tingles and the stupid muscles do weird things all on their own.
The site above has been a great help trying to understand what happened and what to expect, I don't like what they tell me but am learning to accept what it is, it is!!
.

My left eye aches all the time but my pressure is 18 which is below 20 and this is good says the eye Doctor.
.
It feels like I am always chewing on a piece of Aluminum Foil in my mouth and my taste buds don't taste much but I choke easily!!
.
I have to go have a Swolling and Throat check because I choke a lot after the stroke and the surgery scars from the Carotid Artery by-pass.
.
I am now able to go up and down stairs but slowly, I have a cane now and do not use the 4 wheeled walker, I am able to walk backwards, I speak very clearly but slowly, I don't forget too many words and if I do, who cares!!! I have to use SPELL CHECK!!!
.
.
I still drool a little on the left side corner of my mouth, I wanted to eat a Hirshey kiss and let it melt in my mouth and when I drooled a little I would tell people it was Chewing tobacco but my Honey does not think that is funny, Hell, I think everything is funny, it's either think its all funny or spend a lot of time crying over spilt milk.
.
.
Well, I am done bitching about all my aches and pains, I am really doing good, I am very, very lucky and I am gaining every day but some days there are set backs!! but God is Good!!!
.
I have been checking JACK an SHERS "ROAD TRIP" and see they are up in the Great Lakes area enjoying themselves. KEEP IT UP YOU 2!!





.
I am now able to get into the kitchen a little, Today I am making soup, fresh green beans from our little garden, onions, red potatoes, and a little bacon fat and 2 nice slices of ham and butter, garlic and cooked in whole milk and before we eat I will add fresh heavy creme to thicken it up. Like I said, "I AM A LUCKY MAN"!







My Honey, Anna Mae is taking a well deserved break, even with all her aches and pains, bad back and leg she takes exceptional care of me for which I am very thankful, God is Good, all the time!!!
.
Anna Mae takes care of scheduling me for my weekly doctors appointments, setting up my physical therapy, making appointments for my upcoming surgery for Bowel Restructure, and setting up my tests to see how the Old Ticker is doing and If I need a tune up!! and she makes sure I do my daily exercises for Stroke Rehabilitation.






It has been very hot, I can not take all this heat after the stroke and have to stay out of the sun when its hot, we were in the 90's and humid and hazy. BUT we got a storm this week, it was a good one, lots of thunder and lightning and a torrential downpour and was great to watch.










I wanted to take off all my clothes and hobble around out in the beautiful cooling rain but Anna Mae said "NO"!


Don't forget our Veteran's, Past and Present!








No comments: