Sunday, January 22, 2012

Frog Legs and Gator Tail



Breakfast was 2 large Honey Bell Oranges and 1 Ruby Red Grapefruit fresh squeezed for Breakfast and it is delicious, I cannot have Grapefruit Juice the Doctors say because of some of my medications so only have it now and then for a treat and man oh man was iot good.



We took a ride up north and went to an Alligator Tail and Frog Leg festival, it was in Fellsmere.


When we got there the place was packed, they were 5 police cars blocking and directing traffic into and around areas and parking was limited so they had a shuttle service, also they were about 200 biker's there and they were having a Carnival also with Rides, games of chance and they had a stage set up with bands playing and a huge tent for eating.


Thehe was all types of food from chicken to corn dogs to tacos but we drove up for the main feast which is a Frog Leg and Alligator Tail meal, it is $14 dollars a piece for this meal which as you can see below was,  Frog Legs, Gator Meat, Grits with butter, Cabbage Salad, Hush Puppies, it was a lot of dam good food and well worth the price.

When they handed you your styrofoam container they told you to hold it with 2 hands because it was not only hot but it was heavy !!



This meal was great.

On the way home we stopped at the Fort Drum Wild Life area and got a picture of this old Gator, Anna Mae and i both agreed this old timer was at least 10 and maybe 12 feet long.

You have to look to the left of the post and the Gator in almost in the center of the photo.




DON'T FORGET, REMEMBER THE VET!





6 comments:

jack69 said...

Great to see this entry. We will hve to locate Fellsmere and check that festival out.
The citrus is really great, until I took myself off hte med I was on for my blood, they also said no grapefruit.

I am hoping my self diagnosis ain't bad. LOL

Glad you are enjoying yourselves. Hope to get down in that neck of the woods in the next month or so.

Take care and enjoy the rest of the day.

Gotta look out fer dem gators. Sherry and I were pulling the grass out of our water in front of the house. After getting out of the water, I went back out 30 minutes later and there was a BIG gater right where Sherry had been standing. We were a little skedish after that. lOL

Woody said...

I do not go in water with Gater's in it, I love grapefruit juice but some of the medications i take are broken down by the grapefruit. Let us know when you plan on coming down, we are taking off around the 20th of Feb for my birthday someplace. Otherwise we will be here Good Lord willin !

you 2 take care

Gary & Anna Mae

Paula said...

I've never ate any of that "stuff" but it looks like the festival brought in a lot of people.

Wendy said...

I've never been to Fellsmere but I'd go for that dinner plate, it looked delicious!! We have to watch for gators here in South Texas too. They sure are hard to spot at times! Great post and glad you got to enjoy some grapefruit juice.

garnett109 said...

Do they taste like Chicken?

Jimmy's Journal said...

It's been a while since I ate 'gator but I like it. That meal look tasty.

The Lake's a little prissy when it comes to fishing. You need to know where to go and then hope that the Lake and the fish are all in a good mood.

Jimmy