Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July !!!!!!
I went to see my brother who was back in the woods at his Hunting Camp.  It is also a great place to park your camper and enjoy nature.
.

.
I was in the Navy, my younger brother Ronnie was in the United States Marine Corps. "Once a Marine, always a Marine", Ronnie was shot up in Vietnam. End of story as he does not talk about it!!  He says he did what he was asked to do!  He is one tough brother and I am very proud of him. 
.

.
We rode around the property which is near where he and I grew up, hunted and camped and played on, in the back ground you can see a large elec. transmission line.
.

.
Ronnie, his wife Paula, My Honey and Me and 2 of Ronnies many grandchildren.
.

.
Paula behind the wheel of her buggy taking anna mae, hayden and lana out thru the woods to hunt for lions, tigers and bears but only seen a few wild baby turkey chicks.
.

.Hayden and I checking over a massive old pine tree while wandering where I did as a boy about his age.
.


.An old melon head cutting up a melon for Ronnie's grand kids!!
.


.My brother cooked us a delicious Prime Rib on the grill, home made Baked Beans with bacon strips, Macaroni and Cheese, Croghan Bologna and cheese curd and we ate like Kings and Queens.   We told stories, shared memories about the recent loss of our 2 brothers, and all in all had a great day!!!!
Wonderful 4th of July!!
.


.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Sounds like a nice way to spend July 4th. Thank you and your brother both for serving our country.