Thursday, October 11, 2018

Guitar Upgrades

I have been involved with  groups of Musicians, One group, "Friends of God" was 2 guys who needed another Musician, I am a Fair Musician, I joined them and we played Hospitals, Nursing Homes, Assisted Living and Adult Care Homes.   We also did Festivals, Churches, and anywhere Music was needed.
.
.
.
I also play with Mark Thompson, we also play some of the same places, we do Play at the Country Manor Nursing Home, Mark has played there for over 25 years playing once a week.
.
.
I also play with a young lady who has a beautiful Voice, Patti !
.
.
Here I am playing in some other groups !
.
.
We played once at a Hotel up in the Mountains where we were brought back in in a truck and power was from a Generator!
.
.
.
We have Played at almost every church social, gathering, sunday service or picnic or gathering.
.
.
It has been interesting going from a Guitar when I was 12 years old to now playing the Banjo, Mandolin, Dobro and Guitar and Lap Steel!   I love it, The Good Book says, "Make A Joyful Noise To The Lord" ! and I think and hope we do !
.
.
The hardest Part is cleaning, polishing and putting on new strings !
.
.
The above was many Years Ago !
.
.
I really did have Hair if you look above !!
.
.
On a Trip south we went to Nashville, we were at the Grand Old Opera, The Guard was a retired Policeman from up where we live, He let me go on stage, pick up a guitar and I played 2 songs,  I didn't know there were maybe 20 people on a tour group that stopped and listened to me sing "The Great Speckled Bird"  and "I saw the Light" !!!    

.
.
.

.
I have noticed one thing, No matter what shape, age, or condition, in Nursing Homes where the Patients have Dementia, or are not aware of things once the Music starts they come to life, I have seen them wheel patients into the room in a recliner, they look like they are sleeping, barely breathing, but once we start the Music, I have seen them tap a finger, move a foot in tempo with the music and some even sing along with some of the Old Hymns we play !    What a Blessing it is to me to see this !    After we play we always mingle with the people, getting hugs and kiss's, thank you and lots of Love !!!! 
.
Don't forger, Remember our Vets !
.

.

.

1 comment:

jack69 said...

My sister loved music. She played several instruments. As she realized her mind was leaving she told me it was 'worrying her to death'. I looked into dementia and learned that 'music is the last thing to go' and I told her. That brought a light to her eye, and she said, "At least there is a bright spot."