Saturday, December 15, 2018

Nursing Home Christmas

Today we went to Carthage Center for our yearly Christmas Party for the Residents !  We had a great time !
.
.
I took a picture of our Gang that went today to the Nursing Home !
.
.
Karl, Laurie, Mark and I had a good time !
.
.
My Cousin Mary Manchester, she has been a resident here for over 12 years !!
.
.
Playing and Singing while presents were given to all residents of the Nursing home, on the side beside me are shopping Bags full of gifts for each resident, a lap Blanket, a Sweater or Shawl, Personal Items we bought for each Individual Resident from a list the Nursing Home gave us !
.
.
This Lady is from my Home town, I used to go to her house and her son and I played in a High School Band !
.
.
This is our Former Neighbor who now lives here at the Nursing Home, she is 96 years Old, sharp as a Tack, Reads all she can get her hands on and loves to visit !    We bring her fresh garden tomatos and lettuce from our Garden !
.
.
This is My Little Santa with Mrs. Kerr, a lady I have known for years and years !
She has only been here a couple months and is getting used to living here !
.
.
This is Barbara, she Hates Me, Hates my Guitar and Mandolin, Hates the food, Hates the people, hates the staff, that was her attitude for 5 years or so and everytime I come to play I tease her, she sits up front right beside where we play and refuses to move, I now can get her to smile !!!!!!
.
.
We had a good crowd, everyone got Presents, cookies, candy, hugs and had a good time !
.
We are truly "Blessed" to be able to come into these peoples Home and entertain them, the hand shakes, hugs, kisses, the Thank You's and I love you's are all worth our time !
.
.
A friend of Anna Mae's who is now a resident here !
.
.
The tail end of residents who are waiting to be wheeled back to their rooms about 4PM.  Jody is standing in behind one of the bags all residents got.
.
Today was "Wreaths Across America", we honored our Fallen at Noon at the Park with a nice turnout !
.

No comments: