Saturday, March 30, 2019

Winner, Winner, Spaghetti Dinner

Nice Rainy Day !   Today is our local Carthage Area Hospital (Heart Walk Team) benefit fundraiser.  They have a Spaghetti Dinner and raffles and prizes.
.
We went over and had a Nice Spaghetti Lunch at 1PM,  Talked with some friends who walk in the Heart Walk, we then bought some tickets on different prizes!  Walked around the Legion and visited with a few Brothers and Sisters !  Had a Ginger Ale and went home !
.
About 4PM the phone rang, we WON some items !
.
We went over to the American Legion, Bassett-Baxter Post 789 where I am a member and were given our prizes.
.
.
My Honey is shown with RN Tina Hartley  with a nice fancy Chocolate and Wine Basket she won !
.
.
Tina is giving me another Basket of Wine we won and I also won a Pampered Chef indoor/Outdoor Grill shown below, can use it inside or outside! I don't think we will use it inside our apartment and they are not allowed to be used !  As the "Fire Marshall" for this building I would have to give myself a "Ticket" !
.
 
.
Nice as I understand "Pampered Chef " is a nice quality item !
.
.
Shown above is Steve and Tina Hartley, We are close friends with Tina and also her Parents and Steve is also a Registered Nurse Practitioner who runs the Hospital as the Charge Nurse on nights.  I watched Steve grow up in my home Town of Edwards.
.
We had a good afternoon and glad we could support the Heart Walk Team, I also am Thankful for Steve and Tina as they are usually on duty when I have ended up in the ER with Heart Problems and they give excellent care !
.

.This is the Grill and some of the Wine we won today and the chocolate and cracker snacks.
NOW WE HAVE TO FIND SOMEONE TO GIVE ALL THE WINE TO, WE DON'T DRINK ALL THIS DIFFERENT KINDS OF WINE !
.
Well, Stay Warm and Dry, and Don't forget our Veterans !

1 comment:

jack69 said...

Nice to win anything, but better to be around folk you like and admire. Good stuff. I am so proud of a sailor who can give wine away. LOL Good on you! Hoping your weather will be MORE Springy SOON!
Love sent from north CArolina, Sherry & jack