Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Cider, Apples, Fall

We took a ride through the back roads after picking up Anna's Mother, we went to the Burrville Cider Mill, In the 1940's Homer Rebb converted the Mill to cider production on a commercial scale. Ever since then "Burrville Cider" has been known as the best cider in the North Country. when you walk inside you will be greeted by the sweet smell of apples being pressed into cider, and freshly fried cider donuts still too hot to touch. ,  We sampled the Cider and right now it is on the Tart Side, I drank 6 samples of Cider along with probably a dozen other people then went and got a Cider Douhnut !
.
.
Above is My Honey and her Mother "picking" apples from the Apple Bins, they has Macs which my Honey loves !
.

I have a Maryland Bridge on my front teeth so I can not bite an apple so I slice mine or wait for Apple Sause !!!!
.
.
My Honey and her Mother in front of the Dam and Falls, this used to Power the Cider Mill back in the 1800's, there have been thousands of pictures taken in front of these falls, I have pictures of my children 40 -50 years ago standing right n this spot !
.
.
We had a great day, cloudy and overcast and only a few sprinkles of rain !!
.
Don't forget our Veterans, Past and Present !

1 comment:

jack69 said...

I like this. This is the second time in a week folks have talked about cider doughnuts. I have never heard of them but we head for apple country in the NC mountains in a couple days and you bet Imma try 'em.
Great pic of Anna Mae and her mom.
Enjoyed the visit and the trip.

Love sent from NC
Sherry & jack