Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Winters approach

It's starting to get to be winter, the 21st is the first day of winter, this is the 4th and it is coming.
.
.
I am outside taking a picture of and checking the roof for "Hot Spots", No I am not crazy looking at the snow covered roof and trying to find a hot spot,  I found one,  Look at the roof, directly over the porch roof and about 3 feet back you will see a black area, about 2 feet long and 6 inches wide, this is an area where heat is escaping from the envelope of the house, in the spring I will go up into the crawl space and check this area to see why warmth is escaping !!!
.
.
The rear roof and no black areas showing which is good,  There is no heat loss!  We got about 5 fresh inches of snow !!!
.
.
My Honey shoveling the front walk and sidewalk, she is not crazy, she enjoys shoveling, she says it clears her mind, stretches her back muscles and helps her back !
.
.
Our Street, Wilna Avenue. we walked down and are looking back towards our house which is due east !
.
.
I am walking with My Honey, I have on long underware, pants, a sweat shirt, flannel shirt, insulated coat, a heated neck wrap, a fur skin hat and my hood up with heated gloves and a "Breathing Mask" for my lungs and Heart !  This picture below is where my mind thinks I am !!!LoL !
.
.
Old picture of me on the beach in Ft. Myers, Florida !!
.
.
Waiting for Lift off, holding on tight !!!!!!
.
Don't forget, remember our Vets !

1 comment:

jack69 said...

It is amazing at the people who never think of the simple way to check their insulation in the attic. I am sure we see more 'leaks' down south than you guys up in the ccccold country. I know the feeling about the mind being elsewhere. We are in Deltona and my mind is headed to Miami/Homestead area. hahahaha. maybe the lower end of Okee!
Hold that girl tight and stay warm.
Sherry & jack