Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Quiet Day

Quiet Day today, didn't get outside at all !  Last Night we went to Church and made a Great Meal for our Group of "Closer Walk, "Vid de Cristo" and "Walk to Emmaus", we had over 2 dozen people there !  I was dressed with enough clothes an could barely move as the temperature outside was only 5 above zero!!!!
.
The Menu was awesome !
.
We started out with a Group Prayer, then served Coffee and Orange Juice and conversation at 5PM !
.
.
We then at 5:30 PM served up Scrambled Eggs, Pancakes, Vension Sausage and Thick Slab Bacon and lots of it and lots of Butter !
.
.
Pancakes and Bacon need Maple Syrup and we had Dark, Amber and Light Maple Syrup for everyone and even a bottle of Aunt Jamima for those who wanted it !
.

.
After our Monthly gathering and meal and clean up we then had Music,  My friend Dan, a retired High School Music Teacher and I played Guitars for everyone to sing different songs !
.
Weather has been COLD, This morning it was -10 below zero and that is enough to keep me inside !    Quiet day for me, Anna Mae went and took her mother shopping,  I know my Mother In Law is Tougher than I am, she is 86 with a birthday coming up, she moved up here this summer after living in Florida for 25 years and goes outside with just a coat, she out walks My Honey in the store and she has to tell her to slow down, She lugs and carries her own Groceries into her Apartment.  She cooks for her and others ! 
.

.
My Mother in Law was a Waite, she came from a family of 17 Children!  They have lost 2 members of the Family and all 15 are close and still going strong  !
.
Going to be a quiet evening, I was supposed to Play tonight at the Nursing Home but due to sickness can't so will be home with my Honey inside where it is warm !
.
Don't forget our Veterans !!



.  



.

1 comment:

jack69 said...

Okay MIL comes from the largest family I now know of. WOW One tough lady and I am so glad Anna Mae still has her mama! That is wonderful. The food looks delicious and I am sure everyone enjoyed the sing along. BUT it has been many years 1960s since I have been in that kind of temps. BRRRRRRRR,
Love to you guys, YES stay inside and stay warm, You probably need to cuddle but don;t get too excited, remember your health! It don't hurt to think though.
Sending some of our warm 50 degrees.
Sherry & jack