Friday, March 20, 2020

Week-End Time

Really there is not much difference between the weekend and weekday now that Church has been closed !!!
.
So, what do we do to take up time, ease boredom and get by !     Well, we cook and eat !!!
.
.
My Honey took out a small, BIG Ham, went down cellar and got some dried Split Peas, a carrot and made a delicious Ham and Split Pea Soup and to top it off, we had Corn Meal "Johnny Cake" !  or "Corn Bread" ! It was delicious !!
.

.
To top off the meal My Honey made Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie.   I had 2 pieces of it and it was also delicious !   But I did have Ice Creme with mine !
.
.
I was headed for the Chair to watch the Storm, It was Windy, Thunder, Lightning and a torrential Downpouring of rain, Tipper tried to beat me to my Chair but was watching the storm out the window !
.
.
The ditch's in front are carrying away the rain water off the roof we were getting in the downpours today !
.
.
Window is not foggy, the rain was horrific and it came down in sheets, the Temperatures were up to 65 to 68 degrees today, warm but with everything closed we just stayed home!  
.
Tomorrow is Saturday, We will go from 65 degrees today to tomorrow morning down to 18 degrees, WoW what a swing but nothing we are not used to !
.
Everyone Stay Healthy and Remember our Veterans !

1 comment:

jack69 said...

WOW, I was OLD before I tasted anything with Rhubarb in it, I did enjoy it. I can just imagine the combo with strawberries is delicious. It has been about a month, but we had a rain like that down here, it about washed us away.
Y'all continue to stay in and 'relax!. Snuggle with that sweet lady but don't get carried away! The neighbors might call the police! LOL
Love from down here,
Sherry & jack