Saturday, April 24, 2021

Nicer Weather Day

.





Up Early at "Lazy Akers" today as it was supposed to be a nice day for outside work and puttering so we had a project we wanted to get done,  It was a Bird House we salvaged and we got it last year !  I got the Lazy Akers  sign repainted and sanded down where it faded and paint cracked.

.

We needed a 4 X 4 X 8 foot so went to lumber yard, IT WAS $19.95,   I CHOKED !!!!  Last 4 X 4 I bought a few years back if memory serves me right was just over $6.00 !!!!!!  Oh well, we needed it and glad it was only 1 we needed !

.

.
Got the Pole set, lining up the Bird house with the Plywood Platform !   We use the wagon and 5 gallon Pails to put dug dirt in as it makes disposal easier and clean up a breeze !
.

.
We picked our spot and with a shovel and Post Hole Diggers set to work putting in a hole for the 4 X 4,  at 2 feet down we hit solid Rock,  We were lucky,  NO, we were Blessed as beside 1 slanted rock we were able to carefully did past and got a nice 6 inch flat sided hole which allowed the 4 X 4 to rest one side against solid rock, we filled in the other 3 sides with small rock and dirt layers!
.
.
Putting the finishing touches on the Bird House,  it has 3 stories and 10 seperate Houses inside !
.
.
I got the Bird House lined up on the Plywood Platform and secured it down then caulked the sides between the 2 pieces of Plywood to keep water out.
.
.
The Boss checking to see if maybe we want to put some wooden Lath up one side and grow some Morning Glories to climb it like a Trellis !
.
.
My Honey over at the small inground Garden Spot removing grass, sod and weeds as we figure out what to Plant in it !!!
.
.
After all that work today I fired up the Gas Grill and My Honey had unthawed some Venison Steaks so I grilled us some Deer for dinner tonight !
.
.
Supper was Venison Steak Sandwich , Fried Onions, Tossed Salad, Johnny Cake, and it was delicious !   
.
.







 




1 comment:

jack69 said...

As always, the food looks just TOO GOOD! Enjoyed your pictures you are both looking well.
I did have to laugh at the price of the 4x4 I had the same experience just a few days ago about a 3/8 plywood that WAS $12, now $32.50! yep I was floored.
Anyway, life goes on and we enjoyed the visit.
Love from a rainy NC
Sherry & jack