Thursday, April 15, 2021

Rainy Day Boredom

 Well, it started early to Rain, it was a downpour as the Temps dropped it eased off on the Rain so I had to entertain myself,  I went down to the Basement and fired up the Gas Fire Place to take the dampness off and warm up the Basement.   Got it fired up and the Fans on !

.

.
 I stripped off old dried cracked paint and then Sanded it down so I could repaint it,  My Oldest Brother who has passed away made this for me years and years ago and it has only hung at 3 of the many places we have owned or rented !  I  think this is it's final home !
.
.
The Barn Wood used for the back and bottom came from an Old Barn My found.
I got the loose cracked paint off and have it all sanded down and ready so I painted "Lazy Akers"
on it and set it up to dry !
.
.
So while waiting for the Fresh Paint to dry I pounded out a few songs on the Mandolin and stretched out the lungs singing a few songs !
.
.
.
.
So this relaxing in the Basement, puttering around during a rainy day I settled down to watch the Fire Place and My Honey caught me taking a "snooze" !!!
.
.

1 comment:

jack69 said...

How wonderful to have a basement that does not 'seep' in the rain. Also waiting for paint to dry is like watching grass grow. Once on the ship I saw smart kid. His sign read, WET PAINT (Touch Sample below if you need to check!)
I can only imagine the satisfying feeling of 'picking' a guitar.
Love from down here
Sherry & jack
For some reason, I cannot think this is the last place the sign will be hung. LOL