Saturday, August 7, 2021

Enjoying Summer

 Well, it is August, Today the 7th is my Son's Birthday and on the 9th is my Dear Fathers Birthday,  We have been busy at Church, spending time Volunteering at the American Legion, Working on our 100 Year Anniversary at the Legion.  Taking care of the House and Yard !

.

.

My Sweet 100 Grape Tomatoes and coming along nicely and we have had several bowls full to snack on,  

.

.
.
The Glad Bulbs came up and are growing nicely, we will be taking in a Bouquet of them to Church for the Altar .
.
.
My Bird Gourds are now out of blossom and I have several little green Gourds growing, Just home they can get big enough to cut, hang up and dry so can use them next year,  Our Gourds we brought home from North Carolina years ago have finally gave up the Ghost and rotted and fallen apart !
.
.
Coming home from Dinner last night we came down side roads and saw dozen deer, a Weasal, and this small flock of Turkeys and 2 nice White Snowy Egrets and a Great Blue Heron !
.
Lawn Mowed and Weed eated, Legion Activities up to date, just enjoying Hot Humid days of summer !!!
.
.
Went to "HAM JAM" Tuesday Night, It is a chance for all of us to get up and do a solo and everyone gets a chance to sing an play !
.
.
Wednesday we had out "HIGH NOON" Club Lunch at Cracker Barrel.  All Retired Police Officers that worked together years ago !  We have 4 that can not come due to Dementia, several that have no interest, several that care less and several that have Passed away,  I am in red, My Navy Buddy is beside me in Blue the other Swabby is on the left in a Plaid shirt.  The 2 in front is retired Police Chief and a Deputy Police Chief, we are all retired now!
.
.

2 comments:

jack69 said...

Loved the visit to your house today. I enjoy the pictures of you OLD GUYS and know that there are a lot of memories and a few 'sea stories'. WOW at the height and beauty of those Glads, mama looks good too!
TAke care and enjoy the summer, I hear y'all get snow quick LOL
Thanks for inviting us along.
Sherry & jack I have never even tried to grow gourds, I should try that. LOL

jack69 said...

PS: Do people still use gourds as musical instruments? ;-)