Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Spring Snow Storm

 Well, We got a Spring Snow storm and it was a good one !!  we got between 5 to 6 inches of wet packy snow, Great for Snowmen and Snow forts and with it inbetween we got an inch of snow and rain on the rain Gauge !

.

.
The back yard now instead of Green is ow White covered with over 5 inches of snow,
.
.
We had visitors in the back yard, here is a picture,  of 2 of the 7 deer wandering around feeding on the new fresh Grass !
.
.
Settled in for the Snow Day I hunted up last falls Gourds I grew,  They are small but I think they will be great for the small Wrens looking for a nest !  So I got to work in the Basement !
.
.
I got out the "DREMEL", it has been stored for about 2 years in the Case and it was all right,  fired it up to work on the Gords, they are fragile but sturdy once opened !  The last Gords we got in Myrtle Beach lasted years !
.
.
I got to work on the 3 Gourds !
.
.
Very gently I cut the circle for the entrance, and cleaned out the paper like material and the seeds !    If you plant these gourds it takes the seeds over 3 weeks to germinate and start to grow I saved all the insides of the 3 gourds and will plant them soon inside !
.
.
"Tipper" had to sit get confortable and watch me while I worked on my Project !
.
.
Done with the 3 Gourds ! All the holes are 1 inch, this way it keeps the Sparrows out of them !
.


.
.
.
.

1 comment:

jack69 said...

Y'all's weather is crazy. Love the deer shot. The gourds are fun, especially with the Dremel, I had not thought of that. neat.
Love your play house, I miss mine......
Hugs to the pretty LADY. ;-)