Sunday, November 8, 2009

I N D I A N S U M M E R ???

Its going to be busy here, this week I am getting the ingredients for 150 seervings of chile for our "Stone Soup Supper" next week, and on Sunday the 22nd I am cooking a Turkey Dinner for our Church members and family.

One thing they say about living in New York, if you don't like the weather, just wait a day and it will change, well it sure has changed here, Today was a beautiful day, sunshine, warm breeze, and nice being outside, almost like "Indian Summer", would have grilled out but all our cooking grills are put away for the winter.

We had out start of winter, SO, we have purchased out tickets for the Auto-Train from Lorton, Virginia to Sanford Florida, we leave the 24th for Florida, we put the car on the train and we sit back and enjoy the ride, take naps and arrive in florida relaxed, plans call for going to the Beach, Fishing and Thanksgiving with Anna Mae's family in Lake Okeechobee and I want to make a trip down the coast to the Keys.

I Love the Ocean, the Beach, the waves and really like a nice heavy pounding surf hitting shore!!!!!



The trip Home is planned with a trip up into Newton North Carolina and across to the Outer Banks then a nice drive home so we are home for Christmas.



Today I stood around in a T-Shirt this afternoon in the sun like this summer picture taken earlier!!!!





Then 2 days ago I stood outside in Flannel Lined Pants, fleece lined jacket at 28 degrees and cold!!!





We had our first SNOW and there's always the scraping and cleaning of the car before traveling and my Honey always makes sure I can see before I drive!!




We need to keep our service men and women in our prayers from the tragic events at Fort Hood Texas!








We must continue to keep all our Military in our thoughts and prayers!!







No comments: