Monday, February 15, 2010

My Valentine

Sunday was a nice day, it didn't snow, temps were about 30 and no wind, the SNOW was all south of us, it said that ALL of 49 States got some snow, glad us Northern New Yorkers could share some of our weather with everyone as our gift to you for "Valentine's Day!!

We went to church and had a nice service and Coffee Hour, my friend Karl and I played the Guitars for our Praise songs for service with a Violin played by Megan and Mike played the Piano and we sounded pretty good, We made a "Joyful Noise unto the Lord" and heard a good sermon, lots of folks in church and lots of hand shakes and "Hugs" from all the ladies during "Passing of the Peace".

In the afternoon I made dinner for my Sweet Valentine and even bought her a mushy card and she got me a beautiful card.








I started out with a kettle of Boiling water, added some Bay Seasoning, garlic, butter, and Olive oil and boiled some pasta, In another bowl I combined fresh cut pineapple and mango, I put 4 fresh water slipper lobster tails in with the pasta and pushed them down to the bottom of the pot, then I filled a metal strained with large peeled shrimp and set this in the middle of the pot and let- er- boil!!

In a sauce pan I put in some more butter, minced garlic, onion salt, lemon juice, dash of Bay seasoning and brought it to a simmer and placed in small dipping bowls for the lobster.









Dinner was served to my Sweet Valentine! This was NOT a fat free, low cholesterol, low calorie meal, and it was delicious!!








To top off the pasta, Lobster, Shrimp and fruit we opened a bottle of Homemade Wine from my Old Marine Corp friend "Wild Bill Schrader to make the meal complete. Every man should be as lucky as I am to have such a Honey to share Valentine's Day with and also all the other 364 days that go with it.



Don't forget our service men and women and keepthem in your prayers!!!









No comments: