Thursday, February 25, 2010

Staying Busy

Well, we still have WINTER, it is all around us, but mostly to the south of us, We have had cold weather but lately we have had some rain, temps up in the 40's and can say we are on the "DOWNHILL" side of Winter! If you hear about all the snow and bad weather the Northeast and New York State is getting, it isn't us, we are lucky to have 4 to 5 inches of snow in the big meadows around here, there is lots of snow up in the higher elevations.

This year has been a very mild winter so far, so we took a road trip!



This is a picture of our "Grandson" Brent, this is an "Ice Castle", it is built every year up in the Adirondack Mountains in a village called Saranac Lake, this is the second Castle build this year as the first one fell down after it was built because it was too "Warm"!!
I am standing out on "Saranac Lake", behind me is the "Ice Castle", it is built from the Ice taken out of the lake, behind me is the large blocks of ice from the first castle that fell down and the left over blocks of ice, the blocks are about 2 feet wide, 2 feet thick and 3 feet long, they have a nice green tint to some of them and a blue tint to others.


There were hundreds and hundreds of people here for the Week-end!



Grandma and the Grandson playing "King of the Mountain"!




Enjoyed seeing several ski-planes come into the Lake, this Old "Navy Pilot" fly up from Cooperstown, said it took him 3 stops but he made it, stayed long enough to go "P" and grab a coffee and chat a minute and he was off again back to Cooperstown.






The picture above is my Birthday Picture, My Honey took me to "Red Lobster" where we met my son Jonathan for dinner.




The above picture is ME, the lady holding me is my Great Grandmother, Sarah Ellen Hall, I quite young in this picture!






This picture above in also me, I would have fit right in with "Spanky and Our Gang"!

The shirt came from my older brother along with the jeans and the suspenders were to keep the pants up until I grew into them.




Another year older, Me and My Honey!
.
The "Group" I play in, "The Friends of God" played in the big city of Watertown and I joined them, it was an open mike night and we had a great time.



We opened up with a Medely of songs which everyone knew and sang to and enjoyed.!





This young Lady could sing and she did several songs which everyone enjoyed.








This group was enjoyable and did one song which goes way back called "This Old House" and I surprised them as I also knew all the words, the "guitar" he is playing on the left is an "OLD GUILD" which had a nice deep rich tone.





This young lady belted out several songs which pleased everyone and Karl helper her with some backup.




As it got near the end everyone came up and we gave a good closing round of song, it was a nice nite and we "Made a Joyful Noise" .

.





DON"T FORGET OUR MILITARY!!!

No comments: