Sunday, October 5, 2014

Guitars and Old Pictures

Going thru some old pictures I have not gotten to in years, brought back a lot of memories.
.

.Picture of me and my father, this would be around 1947.
.

.
This picture I remember oh so well, it is a picture of me on my Birthday, pants tucked into my rubber boots, holster and belt and me holding my Hop along Cassidy six shooter.  I walked all the way over to my Grandpa Wood to show him my shootin iron.
.


My first electric Guitar, it was a Silvertone, double pick up, I worked in Alexandria Bay washing dishes all summer to but this beauty for $105.00 complete with amplifier.
.

.
This is one of my first acoustic F Hole guitars, I learned a lot while playing this old timer.
.

.
No laughing at this picture, I was playing with a group in Rochester New York and the Stash and Bangs were in at that time.
.

.
The above Beauty I wish, I wish, I wish I still had today.
.

.
My newest toy, just need to practice on it.
.
.

Years ago I was "awarded" with a Chit for being able to type 80 words a minute. this little First Class from Lake Ponchatraine, LA. was our typing instructor while I was in Reserves and TDY at NOLA.
.

.
Getting Ready for the October Navy Birthday Ceremony.
.


..
.

2 comments:

jack69 said...

Amazing how much of you I see in your dad. I thought that was an older picture of you standing.

I smiled at 'silver Tone', Sears put out a lot of happiness in their early years, my first Shot Gun was a JC Higgins. (smile)
Enjoyed your displays of 'The Axe', I think the old pickers called them.

Thanks for the walk thru the years.
From florida, Sherry & jack

salemslot9 said...

did you know then
with your
Hopalong Cassidy Six Shooter
that you wanted to be
a police officer
when you grew up?