Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Under the Weather

Still feeling "under the weather",  Coughing, sore lungs, back ache and have lost some weight.  This "RSV" Viral Infection is tough,  I am home tonight and not playing at the Nursing Home tonight with our group for the residents !!
.
.
I was going thru the Clothes Closet and this was the last new pair of pants I bought 2 years ago and shows how much I have lost in weight and size!  I am down to 205 and waist down from 48 to 40 !!!!!!!
.
.
This is a picture of me back before I got sick sitting at my Desk at the American Legion !  I have sat at this desk as the Post Historian for almost 20 years.
.

.
Above is a picture of me in Franklin Virginia, I am at the Pistol Range, This would be about early 1970 and I was trying out several Pistols and Revolvers with a couple friends .
.
.
Ready to "Board a Vessel",  I have on an old Cover from the US Navy,  I have a closet of Uniforms from Marines, Army, Air Force, Navy, WW1 and WW11, Medals, Ribbons and Paperwork !
.
.
A Picture of my Brother Jim and I at the 231st Birthday Party of the US Navy at our Legion a few years back !
.
.
.
I am wearing the Pants I showed above before I lost all the weight, This was NAVY DAY  and BM1 Lenny Gillian is holding a Bottle of RUM he won on the raffle, standing behind is our Post Adjutant PN1 Bill Mastin !
.
.
.
This picture is in Norfolk Virginia for a reunion of the USS Samuel Elliot Morrison FFG-13 !
.

Well, Time to tale a walk thru the Hallways with the wife !!!!.
.
Don't Forget, Remember our Vets !!!!!!



1 comment:

jack69 said...

Heck of a way to lose weight shipmate! My system is so slow here that I type TRUE a sentence and count to thirty and it prints.
I like all the picture, but the one pf you and your brother is BEST! Hope you are feeling better soon!