Saturday, May 18, 2019

SUNSHINE an Warm

It has quit raining, AND we are actually getting some "Sunshine" !  It has been raining off and on and cold it seems for mid may.  well, today is warm so outside !
.
.
I used to "Fly High" with McGraw in this little Single Piston Engine Cessna, we would fly to Police Union meetings, I was District Rep for 8 Northern New York Counties,  and went to our Capitol once a Month as President of our PBA Union !  I could take off and land this baby like "Slick Willie" !
.
I got a Drone for Christmas, I figured it would be a simple take off, land, adjust the trim and have fun !
.
.
Lift off was OK,  Trim adjusted and speed Level 2, Indicator was a 4 Knot wind from the west, so up we went.  only to get to tree top level and hit a stronger wind and turmoil !
.
.
I was headed North but winds changed direction to east towards housing,  I tried to lower altitude and correct to a North heading towards the Buildings !
.
.
Corrected with lower height and proceeded to gain altitude !  Thought it would be a "Piece of Cake" to fly one of these little jobbers but I guess not !!!!
.
.
Got back up to about 30 feet and hit winds again !!!  YUP you tell !!!!

.
CRASH !!!!  I did survive, no major damage that small piece of duct tape will not fix!
.
.
Did get back up at about 10 foot elevation, this is heading North, white vehicle on left is our KIA !
.
Done flying and filled bird feeders:
.
.
We have 3 or 4 Baltimore Orioles still here feeding on the Oranges I put out.
.
.
The female oriole is really enjoying the Grape Jelly we are putting out every morning, they will eat 2 little cups of this daily !!!!!
.
Well, We have Cardinals, Hummingbirds, Orioles, Blu Jays, Nut Hatches, Rose Breasted Groosbeaksm Cat Birds, Finches, sparrows, and Doves and Pidgeons and " A Hawk" that feeds !
.
A Memorial Day approaches, Remember our Vets !




.

.

.

.
.

.

1 comment:

jack69 said...

I am following this with a lot of interest. I had a friend that tried a remote helicopter and said it was tough, but pilots have tole me that on the real thing. So I wasn't surprised. but I thought the drone would be a piece of cake. IO think I will stick with my little remote control truck. LOL
Keep on reporting, you will get it..
From down here,
Sherry & jack