Sunday, June 23, 2019

Getting There !

Well, the Dehydration is getting better, drinking Tea, water, ginger ale as much as I can,  Blood Pressure is doing better !!!My weight is down now to 202.2,  neat, my birthday is 2/20, maybe better play the lottery !!!   It is better than the 275 I did weigh !
.
NAVETS has notified me there is a reunion coming up in August for the Old Crew of the Frigate USS Samuel Eliot Morison, FFG-13, There were 17 Officers and 198 Enlisted, and I was 1 of 6 Master At Arms, MA1 WOOD,  she was decommissioned and sold to Greece,  She was decommissioned 11th April 2002 and sold to Greece and is now the GOKOVA TCG (F 496) of the Turkish Navy !   Best Part was she had 4 .50cal MGs and I had to qualify on the 50 cal !  
.
.
Chief J. Weary in New Orleans (NOLA) at APG (Management School) NRFD School on ACDUTRA/SELRES for 4 weeks! In front of me are Williams and Genovese from Philadelphia Police Department and then PO3 Turner. 
.
.
Some of the USS Morisons best, Some from the USS ORION AS 18, and not a bad crew to party with in New Orleans ! 
.
.
Presentation of Most Qualified to Serve as MA of the Mess !  MA1 Gilbert from somewhere in Vermont !  I am 4th from the Port side  !
.
.

.
Nice Place to Visit but not to be 'Dry Docked" at for any length of time !
.
.
PO1 Lachusse handing me my completion of my APG Completion in NOLA !  One nice "Cajun Lady" !
.
.
Roll it, Fold it, Stuff it, Pack it back into the Sea Bag and H-A to Norfolk !
.
.
.
. I would have liked to have spent a couple deployments with this big Handsome Lug !!  Hey Jack !!!!!!!
.
Don't forget, Remember our Vets !

2 comments:

jack69 said...

Yeah dude, it would have been great to spend time with you also. Loved the entry, nice to see so many uniforms. My brother was always proud of his ship. It was sold to some S. American country and became their flag ship, it was a DE. The Indy, Westchester County and the Vermillion are all scrap or rest in the grave yard out in Washington state.
It would be nice to think of one of them still doing duty somewhere. They sorta become a prat of you. Good you could follow it.
Take care Shipmate and take care of that 202 bod. Listen to the pretty lady!
Sherry & jack down here.

NanaDiana said...

I just found you through Jack's blog. What a wonderful thing reunions are. I had never seen a picture of a young Jack (handsome devil, wasn't he) lol
Great pictures of you, too. I am your newest follower.
I volunteer part time at the big VA clinic here. I am back to working full time so don't have as much time to volunteer as I once had. Congrats on the weight loss. Never easy as we get older.
Diana