Friday, August 23, 2019

Cooling Off

Well, it is the last week of August,  I am "Cold",  It is 68 degrees outside, I worked on an old Night Stand, it was warm in the sun most of the day, pretty quiet here with my Honey gone on a Via de Cristo weekend.
.
I have a 2 friend's in Citrus Springs who were Police Officers with me, Bill and Ken,  Ken had a Heart issue and had a valve replaced with a pigs valve several years ago,  Bill had his lower back fused with steel rods after a Police Motorcycle Accident.  They hated the cold so moved to Florida !
.
Ken was in his Garage yesterday working on insulating his ceiling when he fell thru the ceiling down 10 feet, ripped and tore some skin and lucky he didn't break any bones, but he has to have his spleen removed!!  Sometimes we forget how "Blessed" we are, I was only complaining about being cold !
.
The Hummingbirds are Gourging themselves at the feeders, they are really drinking lots of Nectar !!!  They will be gone in a couple of weeks if the temperatures stay cool.
.
.
This was a few years and a few pounds ago, about 50 pounds ago, maybe without all that "Fat" I get colder quicker, but it is really the Blood Thinners I am on that make me colder than normal !
.
.
Anna Mae and her mother in the drive, her mother got cold when the temps went down to 75 degrees !
.
Stay Warm, and Don't forget, remember our Veterans Past and Present !

1 comment:

jack69 said...

Yes we akk sietunes firget just how blessed we are. Hope Ken finds that is his only problem. 10' ain't fun when you are over 50!
I know you miss Anna Mae, Sherry was gone the other night for a couple hours with the girls from the church and I missed her. :-O

Love from down this way!
Sherry & jack