Saturday, November 16, 2019

Winter Doldrums

Well, it will soon be time for the winter "Doldrums"a state or period of inactivity, stagnation, or depression.  It is Normal for the North Country;  Right now after the first major snowfall we have Thanksgiving to prepare for in November after Veterans Day activities!
.
This year We are having our Thanksgiving Dinner here in our "Old New Home", I think we will have My Honeys Mother and her Brother and sister in law and their son and maybe 2 Uncles !
.
Right now on PBS we are watching Andy Williams on the first of many "Christmas Specials" ! 
.
.
This was me last year in our Apartment in the Kitchen with the Turkey getting it ready for the oven ! Then I make the Stuffing for it !
.
.
Bingo, One nicely browned and fully cooked Turkey,  My honey does the Squash, Potatoes and Veggie Tray !
.
.
Last Thanksgiving, just the 2 of us but we enjoyed each others company and our "Feast" !
.
I am excited a little more this year as we will be in our own House for Thanksgiving, Christmas and a "New Year" it is strange to say the year is going to be 2020, I remember when I thought that 1990 was like a hundred years away !!!!!!
.
.
I have been asked already to play again for the Christmas Eve Service at Lowville Trinity Episcopal Church with my Friend Dan ! Looking forward to this service !
.
.
Ushering with Marty and Penny !
.
.
Ushering with Brent, our Grandson !
.
  We are breaking a tradition as we have when we are here have ushered at United Community Church for just about 30 years at their Christmas Eve service usually with one of the Grand Children or our friends!!!
.
Well, The Temp is 9 above zero, it is cold, and we have 4 -5 inches of snow so time to go make some hot tea and peppermint !
.
Don't forget our Veterans ! 

1 comment:

jack69 said...

Amazing how 'em Grandsons make us look smaller! Love the photos and like to think of you guys in your old new home that is actually sorta neat. I know you guys will have a great Thanksgiving.
Love you guys.
Sherry & jack