Saturday, February 29, 2020

ALL CLEAR

Storm has passed, it was called a "Blizzard" !    I seem to recall along with a few others growing up here in the North Country that this Storm was just another Winter Storm !  We had a lot of winter Storm like this, an we also got a lot of Snow !
.
.
My Man I hired to snowblow the driveway and sidewalk came again yesterday and cleared out the Snow again !  We got a lot of snow in a short time !
.
.
Blowing and drifting Snow made it rough to clear the snow and hard to see where it was done !
.
.
Neighbor outside shoveling off her deck again !   about 4 feet of snow so far !
.
.
The yellow circle is where we are and it is way below what we got !
.
.
The other neighbor trying to snow blow thru 4 feet of snow and having a problem getting buried !
.
.
Lewis County Sheriff talking to one of the Amish Men on the Horse about his Community and how things were going !
.
.
Back when we just had a mere 17 inches of fresh snow on the back deck !
.
.
My Honey clearing Snow from the Bird Feeders so our Feathered Friends can eat !
.
.
Snow Plow coming back thru, just as soon as you clear out your driveway entrance and drive way and sidewalk, The Village comes back thru and "Fills in back in " !
.
.
Today, Storm Over, My Honey checking the roof for snow load,  Snow Load here in Zip Code 13628 is 65 PSF^, some places on Tug Hill the Snow Load is up to 75 to 80 PSF^.
.
.
Front of roof looks good, no black spots of heat loss, believe it or not, the house and basement are about 8 to 10 degrees warmer with the Snow, the Snow is a Good Insulation !  Fresh snow is an excellent insulator. Ten inches of fresh snow with a density of 0.07 inches, seven percent water, is approximately equal to a six-inch-layer of fiberglass insulation with an insulation R-value of R-18
!
.
Rear Roof overhang will have to be cleared as Monday it is going to be warm, 45 and going to rain on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday,    Possible flooding and Snow really gets heavy !
.
.
So, what to do while inside during a "Blizzard !
.
.
We made "Home Made Bread and Soup !   Delicious !
.
I have been inside for 3 days, Tomorrow I get out, it is Church which means it is Sunday !!!!!
.
Don't Forget our Veterans, Past and Present !

2 comments:

Susie said...

Oh no, that is too much snow !!! If I had snows like that every winter, I would be looking to move. When I see that kind of weather, I think it is to much like being pioneers to live. Be careful and safe when out in that weather. You are in my prayers. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

jack69 said...

Love the pictures, but now I'm freezing. LOL I bet that is more snow than I have seen in my 80 years. Yep the pics are good but I can't imagine how one blows 4' of snow. OUCH Stay warm up there
Sherry & jack