Sunday, April 5, 2020

Sheltering and Food

We are trying to "Stay Home" for several reasons, !, we have been asked to do so by the County Administrator, 2. We don't want to get sick, and 3.  I am afraid of this Covid-19 as I have some things wrong that scare me if I have to deal with this.  So, We are trying to "Shelter in Place" !  Even doing this there are so many others who are NOT !
.

.
Today is Sunday, our normal Church service is 11AM,  we got our computers out after Breakfast of Oatmeal smothered in Dark Brown Sugar an Coffee, Showers and settled in to wait for the Internet Service of our UCC Service.  At 11 AM on ZOOM our Pastor Tuned in, we had 42 members signed on and we listened in, Prayed, and all chatted at once and then at noon we were done, Great Message for this "Palm Sunday" preparing us for "Easter" !
.
This morning at 8AM I got the "Slow Cooker" down, took out 2 packages of Venison that has been marinating in Italian Dressing with a little Garlic and added 1 cup of water and a nice winter Onion from down Cellar !  The Homemade Bread was cooked and let to set at 3PM.    At 4PM my Honey steamed the Asparagus and boiled the potatoes, and at 5PM we had "Supper" !
.
.
My Honey right after we said Grace and Blessings !
.
.
I am digging in to my meal because I was hungry !!
.
The only work to describe this was "Delicious" !
One thing with this Staying in is Food always tastes twice as good !
SO, we are being very careful about meals, snacks and deserts.  After tonights supper there will not be any dessert !
.
We did get outside as it is starting to "Warm Up", it is up into the high 50's now and time to start planning on Flowers, Vines and Tomatoes!
Hoping everyone is Healthy, Prayers Lifted for you all !
Stay Home, Wash your Hands and God Bless.
.
Don't forget our Veterans !

1 comment:

jack69 said...

Great looking meal and I KNOW it was delicious. YOu guys are looking well. PLEASE take care. Life is good when you are held inside with a pretty lady!
Sherry & jack

PS Love that pipe organ, the last one like that I saw attending a church in Italy with the Chaplain
on the ship!
Sherry and jack