Friday, May 15, 2020

Outside Day

Today was a good day, We were warm again and so I went outside and redid all of the Bird Feeders, cleaned them out, restocked the Oranges for our Feathered Friends !
.
.
We have Baltimore Orioles, and other people who feed them also said they have them this spring more than they ever have, must be something going on, we have 5 of the Males like the one above sitting on the feeder.
.
.
We have 2 Female Orioles as the Females are more Yellow that the Males and this was the best Picture I could get of her as she just landed on the fresh Oranges I put out !
.
.
The Rose Breasted Grosbeaks are back, there is 4 of these males and 3 females so far !
.
.
The Cardinals are coming in for Suet and Seeds,   The Old Timers say that if you get a Cardinal to your Feeder in the Morning, It is the Spirit of a Friend or Loved One visiting you telling you that they are OK,  I believe it as did my Father !
.
.
Puttered around on the front of the House, the Memorial Day Parade and Function's have been cancelled this year, Sad this Covid 19, so much people are going to miss ! 
.
.
I am "Squared Away" out front,  The one Swabby is one my Brother John made for me 25 or more years ago,  The one holding the Flag is one I made 15 years ago when I lived next door to former Owner of our New (Old) House, Norm Lovejoy who was on the Destroyer USS Shangri La  CV-38 , we would sit out back and talk and talk, I mainly listened to his Stories which never, ever were boring as Norm was a "Plank Owner" of the "Shang" ! Norm and I also belonged to the American Legion and would often ride together to our Monthly Meetings.
.
I would see Norm after we sold the house next door around town or at Legion Meetings and would always Visit or Stop and see him and visit.
.
.
Norm passed away 2 years ago, in settling his affairs we were to be contacted when his house was to be sold and it was to be offered to us, it was so we bought it.
.
That is how we ended up here in our New (Old) House !
.

Don't Forget, Remember our Vets !

2 comments:

jack69 said...

Love the bird pics and a good Sailor story. Old shipmates are something to cherish. I think the deal was great.
Love to you guys from NC
Sherry & jack
I do like the sailor you refurbished. ;-)

salemslot9 said...

Hi Woody!
I was surprised too see a Baltimore oriole the other day on our swing.
We saw a couple cardinals on the balcony.
Thanks for explaining how you knew house was for sale.
I’m sorry for your loss of a good friend.