Saturday, May 30, 2020

Weekly Chores

Well, it was time for weekly Chores,  I had a Doctors appointment yesterday due to severe neck, upper back and side pain !  I have on a 5 % Lidocaine Pain Patch on my back and neck, and it is out and at em !
.
.
My Honey on the Electric Weed Eater trimming up where the Law Mower can not get to, just makes it look better and she enjoys the exercise !
.
.
Rhubarb Patch we put in last May before we moved in did great and My Honey will pull some today and take some to her mother up in Castorland this afternoon when we go up to visit and have dinner with her !
.
.
I am on the Green Machine getting the grass cut and composted at the same time, there is no exit chute for the grass to be blown out, it is cut up several times by the 3 blades in the compost deck !   Does a nice job, no grass trail !
.
.
Close up of the Blue Spruce tree growth, it is budding and in late June or July I will trim it !  I worked for New York State after High School in the Forest an my job was trimming up thousands of these trees by hand, it was a sucky job and only paid back in 1964 $ .75 Cents an hour and 32 hours a week !
.
.
Just finishing up the back lawn, Front lawn all done and looks we are gonna be set for another week !!!
.
.
Back Lawn all mowed and trimmed and looks nice !
.
.
Front lawn and Flowers all trimmed and then I mowed it !  Next Month we have been in our New (Old) Home 1 Year !!!
.
Hoping we can get squared away and head out on a Picnic and some long overdue Fishing. 
.
Jealous as I read "Shipslog" Blog Post an Jack and Sherry are out on the AT Train and a Lake having a Picnic ! 
http://shipslog-jack.blogspot.com/ 
.
All Stay Safe, Wear Your Mask around Crowds, and also,
.
Don't Forget Our Vets !







.



.


.




2 comments:

jack69 said...

Looking good. I also had not heard of (or don't remember) about the compost deck. That is a great addition. I did not look into the mower thing too much, just found a good deal on my JD and bought it. I know you guys will have a good meal this evening. Rhubarb? Funny thing about that, I was an older adult before I tasted Rhubarb.
It is still no staple around here, but I have sure eaten some good Rhubarb pie baked by a lady from Minnesota and one from Maine.
Anyway, enjoyed the visit and education.
Sherry & jack (thanks for the shoutout!)

Susie said...

Hard work has it's rewards...pretty nice lawn. Ted's been mowing every 4-5 days here. I finally, after almost making a career out of it, got the walkway trimmed. After two years we had lost about 6 inches of walk counting both sides. I gotta keep that cleaned, it was hard work. Blessings to you and your wife, xoxo, Susie